Hey guys! So I mentioned at the end of one of my recently posted reviews that I would update you guys on what’s been happening the past year or so and explain why I haven’t been active on my blog until now.
Hey guys, so this is a very late post but I’ve been so exhausted the last few days I’ve not had time to post anything so I do apologise! I was contacted by Molly Kay from Arhaus and asked if I would do a post on ‘My Dream Reading Space’ so I was thrilled to finally be able to get out all the wonderful and fab ideas that I have in my head for my own reading room.
To start with I want a huge room full of bookshelves from floor to ceiling and each one to be themed or have a certain genre/colour on it. For example, I want one bookcase just completely dedicated to Harry Potter things so all my books, DVDs and Harry Potter memorabilia can sit on it. There would also be a bookshelf for my YA novels to be laid out in colour order or alphabetical order. I would then have a shelf for my vinyls and record player to sit on so that wasn’t actually in the way of anything.
Now as well as this being my reading space, I would also have it as my music room to keep all my instruments so I would have a space in the room where I can keep my guitars, bass guitars and CDs/DVDs. This would mean that everything I ever need would be all in the same place and wouldn’t be in anybody’s way (although I can’t promise there won’t be the odd book or five lying around elsewhere in the house).
In terms of what kind of bookshelves I’d like here are just a few examples of what I would love to have in my own personal library;
- Vittoria Bell’ Arte Wall Unit: This beautiful piece is what I would love for my HP collection and books. It’s so vintage looking and I fell in love with it as soon as I seen it!
- Athens Modular Library: Now this is the bookshelf I’d have for all my YA books/classics. IT’S LIKE THE BOOKSHELF IN BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!! LOOK HOW NICE IT IS!!!!
- Spencer Bookcase with Panel Doors: I was automatically drawn to this bookcase when looking for one for my record player/vinyls/CDs etc. The panel doors are the perfect addition for an old vintage record player and I just adore the whole look of it.
Now for the general feel/vibe/look of the reading space, this is the sort of idea I’d like;
(All these photos taken from Pinterest)
Trying to describe and come up with my perfect reading space/room would keep me here for days because I do have so many ideas and styles I’d love for it so I think I’ll leave it here and maybe do another one in the near future!
I’d just like to take this moment to thank Molly for getting in touch with me and asking me to do this post because I never would’ve thought to have done a post like this myself! If you do get a chance then please check out the Arhaus website. Their products and the style of them are just stunning and hopefully one day I’ll be able to afford all the things I want from the site!! The bookcases I listed in the post are from the site also so please do have a look!
Please let me know what your dream reading space/room/area would be like in the comments or even do your own post and send me the link so I can check it out!
I’ll have another post up soon for you guys! 🙂
Hey guys! So as I said in my first post of the year, 2016 is a big year for me as it’s the year I turn 21 and I want it to be a really good, positive year. I have quite a lot of goals both bookish and personal. So I guess I’ll now make a list and share with you all my goals for 2016.
- Lose around 3 stone. This is a huge goal of mine as I know I need to be strong minded to do this and not give in to temptation. Especially when my mum brings in loads of sweets and crisps!
- I want to start being more positive and think about myself more. I’m always helping other people and it starts to take it’s toll on my mental health so I plan on putting myself and my health first, rather than other people’s.
- Save up all of my tips and at least £100 of my monthly wages. In 2017 I want to go to America with a company called Trek America and to do that I really need to be strict with my saving so I have enough money to do it! I’ve been saying since the middle of last year I want to do it so I need to be really strict with myself and stop spending money on things I don’t really need (meaning I need to stop buying books and gig tickets… so sad)
- Try and volunteer at an animal centre or something when I’m free. I love animals and I got one of my cats from the SSPCA so would love to go back and volunteer at least once a week there. I feel like it would be a good experience and I would feel better for doing it.
- Be more active on my blog. I want to post at least once a week whether it’s a bookish post or not. I also want my blog to look better but I know nothing about web design or graphics so I’ll need to try and find someone who can help! (Is there anyone out there that can help me along or do you guys know anyone???)
- Pass my driving test. I’m so desperate to drive and even have my own wee car but I’ve yet to pass my test! Hopefully in the next couple of months I can tick this one off!
- Go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London.
- Go to Camden in London.
- Spend more time with my family.
- Spend less time on my phone.
- Start getting back into playing Bass Guitar. My parents bought me a new one for Christmas and I really do miss playing so hopefully I can get that started again.
- Start using the library again
- Make a start on all the books I bought last year
- Read a genre I wouldn’t normally read
- Complete the Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge (I set it to 60 this year)
- Re-Read The Mortal Instruments series
- Re-Read Tess Of The D’Urbervilles (one of my favourite classic novels)
- Post more reviews
- Have a more organised reading list each month
For now, that’s all the goals I have but if more come up then I shall update this list and then let you all know! Hopefully come December 31st, if not all then the majority of these will be crossed off!
What are your guys goals this year? If you’ve made a post feel free to send me the link so I can check it out!!