Hey everyone! Today I’m back with a Top Ten Tuesday post.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that was created by The Broke and Bookish however was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. As you can see from the title, this week’s topic is books I meant to read in 2018 but didn’t get to! Read more
Hey guys, so I’m a few days late in posting this but hey ho, there we go! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope you all had a lovely time over the holidays and that you had fun doing whatever it was you did. I had a great time spending Christmas with my mum and then for new year I spent half with my family and then the other half with my boyfriend’s family. It was really chilled and just nice getting to spend it with both families for once.
Anyhow, today I’m going to be posting about my bookish goals for 2019! I haven’t got a lot at the moment but I’m hoping to maybe add to them over the next couple of months! Read more
Hey guys! So as I said in my first post of the year, 2016 is a big year for me as it’s the year I turn 21 and I want it to be a really good, positive year. I have quite a lot of goals both bookish and personal. So I guess I’ll now make a list and share with you all my goals for 2016.
- Lose around 3 stone. This is a huge goal of mine as I know I need to be strong minded to do this and not give in to temptation. Especially when my mum brings in loads of sweets and crisps!
- I want to start being more positive and think about myself more. I’m always helping other people and it starts to take it’s toll on my mental health so I plan on putting myself and my health first, rather than other people’s.
- Save up all of my tips and at least £100 of my monthly wages. In 2017 I want to go to America with a company called Trek America and to do that I really need to be strict with my saving so I have enough money to do it! I’ve been saying since the middle of last year I want to do it so I need to be really strict with myself and stop spending money on things I don’t really need (meaning I need to stop buying books and gig tickets… so sad)
- Try and volunteer at an animal centre or something when I’m free. I love animals and I got one of my cats from the SSPCA so would love to go back and volunteer at least once a week there. I feel like it would be a good experience and I would feel better for doing it.
- Be more active on my blog. I want to post at least once a week whether it’s a bookish post or not. I also want my blog to look better but I know nothing about web design or graphics so I’ll need to try and find someone who can help! (Is there anyone out there that can help me along or do you guys know anyone???)
- Pass my driving test. I’m so desperate to drive and even have my own wee car but I’ve yet to pass my test! Hopefully in the next couple of months I can tick this one off!
- Go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London.
- Go to Camden in London.
- Spend more time with my family.
- Spend less time on my phone.
- Start getting back into playing Bass Guitar. My parents bought me a new one for Christmas and I really do miss playing so hopefully I can get that started again.
- Start using the library again
- Make a start on all the books I bought last year
- Read a genre I wouldn’t normally read
- Complete the Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge (I set it to 60 this year)
- Re-Read The Mortal Instruments series
- Re-Read Tess Of The D’Urbervilles (one of my favourite classic novels)
- Post more reviews
- Have a more organised reading list each month
For now, that’s all the goals I have but if more come up then I shall update this list and then let you all know! Hopefully come December 31st, if not all then the majority of these will be crossed off!
What are your guys goals this year? If you’ve made a post feel free to send me the link so I can check it out!!