HELLOOOOOO! Today I’m back with another readathon TBR. As you can see from the title, this one is for the O.W.L.’s Readathon held by lovely G (a.k.a, Book Roast). I discovered G’s channel about 6 months ago so I sadly missed out on this readathon last year, however, I’m so happy I know about it and can take part in it this year with everyone!
The idea of this magical readathon is that you choose a career from the booklet G has created and then you read books based on the prompts for each of the subjects required for your chosen career! The explanation of the readathon G has included is;
“The O.W.Ls run from the 1st of April to the 30th of April and N.E.W.Ts run from 1st of August to the 31st of August.
To give participants something to aim for, a career guide is provided, featuring some of the many careers one can follow in the wizarding world. To keep us excited, some new careers will be added every year!
Along with the careers descriptions, this guide will detail the subjects you need to take to pursue them.
We also provide a study guide which contains all of the subjects and what you will need to do to pass the exams. Otherwise known as reading prompts.”
She has made a full explanation post here which you can check out if you want to find out a more detailed explanation of the readathon and how you can take part.
The career I have chosen for the readathon is Magizoologist and so this requires me to take Care Of Magical Creatures, Charms, Herbology and Potions. Now, as you can see in the picture below, each subject has it’s prompt next to it.
This means that my TBR will be as follows;
- Care Of Magical Creatures – Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Charms – The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Herbology – A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Potions – Legendary by Stephanie Garber
If you manage to finish all your exams then if you wanted, you are welcome to try and complete some other prompts which is what I’d like to do. I’m being really ambitious and would like to read a book for every single prompt included. The books I’ve chosen for the other prompts are as follows;
- Ancient Runes – As Old As Time by Liz Braswell
- Arithmancy – Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman
- Astronomy – Days Of Blood And Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Defence Against The Dark Arts – Riverdale by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
- Divination – Stolen Time by Danielle Rollins
- History Of Magic – Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- Muggle Studies – More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- Transfiguration – Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Kat Leyh and Faith Erin Hicks
Now, some of these are graphic novels and I’ll also be listening to the audiobook of Chamber Of Secrets as well and hopefully that’ll help me complete all prompts. If I don’t then it’s no big deal, just as long as I complete the prompts needed for my chosen career!
So, there we have my Magical Readathon TBR for this years O.W.L.’s! I will leave links to all of G’s relevant content below should you wish to check out the announcement/her tbr/channel. Will any of you be joining in with this readathon? If so, let me know down below!
Book Roasts Links: Youtube channel, Readathon Announcement, Readathon TBR
Have a good few days, stay fab and I’ll speak to you all soon!