Hey everyone! Can you believe January is finally over!? I honestly feel like this month has draaaaaagged. But hey, I managed to get a whole lot of reading done, more than I ever thought I would’ve done anyway! I also bought quite a few books too so I’ll make a list of them in this post too.
January marked the end of a chapter for me as I left my job in a call centre (just yesterday actually) so I’m going to be spending the first week of February preparing myself for starting my new job as a support practitioner! In January I also properly started attending weekly CBT to try and help with my depression and anxiety. I honestly don’t know how I feel about it at the moment, I don’t feel like it’s doing anything for me and I just feel so much anger every time I enter the room for it so we’ll see how things go with that over the next coming weeks.
At the start of the post I mentioned that I managed to read more books than I thought I would’ve. Now this could be because some were graphic novels/ebooks which I do tend to read much quicker. So without further ado…
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing (audiobook) – Hank Green, read by Kristen Sieh ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- All These Beautiful Strangers – Elizabeth Klehfoth ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Descender Vol. 1: Tin Stars – Jeff Lemire ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Man Up Man Down: Standing Up To Suicide ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Bitch Planet Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine – Kelly Sue DeConnick ⭐ ⭐
- The Loneliest Girl In The Universe – Lauren James ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Fire & Heist – Sarah Beth Durst ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Dumplin’ – Julie Murphy ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- This Splintered Silence – Kayla Olson ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Puddin’ – Julie Murphy ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Renegades – Marissa Meyer ⭐ ⭐
- Opposite Of Always – Justin A Reynolds ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Nimona – Noelle Stevenson ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- The Diviners – Libba Bray ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone (audiobook)- JK Rowling, read by Stephen Fry ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Some of these were library books from the beginning of the month (hence why they’re not in the photo). I really want to start using the library more often again so I’m definitely off to a good start with that so far!
- Circle Of Shadows – Evelyn Skye (Fairyloot January 2019)
- Monsters – Sharon Dogar (Book Box Club January 2019)
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing – Hank Green (arc eBook and mum bought me a hardback copy)
- Daughter Of Smoke & Bone Trilogy – Laini Taylor
- Grisha Trilogy – Leigh Bardugo
- Bird Box – Josh Malerman
- A Little Life – Hanya Yanagihara
- The Exact Opposite Of Okay – Laura Steven
- What If It’s Us – Adam Silvera & Becky Albertalli
- More Happy Than Not – Adam Silvera
- The Wicked King – Holly Black
The last thing to recap in this post is my January blog posts! Sadly there was only one review but hopefully I’ll be able to post more this month!
- January TBR
- 2019 Reading Goals
- 2019 Anticipated Reads
- WWW Wednesday #1
- Books I’ll Probably Never Read Tag
- Top Ten Tuesday #1
- WWW Wednesday #2
- Top Ten Tuesday #2
- WWW Wednesday #3
- Top Ten Tuesday #3
- WWW Wednesday #4
- Opposite Of Always – Review
So there we have my complete wrap up for January 2019. I’m actually really proud of myself because I’ve managed to read a lot and I’ve also started posting to my blog more regularly which was something I really wanted to get back into this year. This month I’ll definitely have some more reviews up and I’m going to try and work on making them better too.
How did you guys get on this month? Let me know in the comments below!
Have a good few days, stay fab and I’ll speak to you all soon!