Hey guys, so I’m a few days late in posting this but hey ho, there we go! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope you all had a lovely time over the holidays and that you had fun doing whatever it was you did. I had a great time spending Christmas with my mum and then for new year I spent half with my family and then the other half with my boyfriend’s family. It was really chilled and just nice getting to spend it with both families for once.
Anyhow, today I’m going to be posting about my bookish goals for 2019! I haven’t got a lot at the moment but I’m hoping to maybe add to them over the next couple of months!
First of all, for my goodreads challenge I want to read at least 50 books. Last year I set it to 40 and managed to surpass that and read a total of 64 books so here’s hoping I can do around the same this year!
For my reading goals, the list is;
- Take part in more readathons
- Read a book from a genre I wouldn’t normally read
- Complete an unfinished series
- Read more non-fiction
- Be more active both on my blog and bookstagram
- Read a book I’ve owned for over a year
- Read more graphic novels
- Read more classics
- Read a book I was gifted
- Listen to more audiobooks
- Read a book released in 2019
- Read a book I never got round to in 2018
- Read a book I’ve been preparing myself for
- Read a book about mental health
- Read a re-telling
- Read at least one Jane Austen novel
- Read a book released in my birth year (1995)
- Read a book that was turned into a movie/tv series
- Take part in more reading challenges
- Read more diverse books
- Read a book someone recommended on social media (twitter/instagram/facebook)
At the moment this is all I have but like I said, hopefully over the next few months I can add to it. At the end of the year I can then come back to the original post and see how well I did. Here’s hoping I manage to complete the majority of them!
Have any of you guys set any reading goals? If so, let me know in the comments!
Have a good few days, stay fab and I’ll speak to you all soon.