I was nominated a few weeks ago by the lovely Eleanor (Book Marked Reading) for the Blogger Recognition Award which is a pleasure to be awarded. Thank you so much!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How my blog got started:
Throughout my life I’ve always been an avid reader. My parents used to call me their little bookworm as I would always have a book in my hand. The older I got the more books I read and so I started to think about giving something back to the author. It wasn’t until May this year (2015) that I decided I would give blogging a try to see how I got on. I originally started on tumblr but had too many accounts that I kept forgetting all my login details so eventually I decided to create a bookstagram account and see if I could get any inspiration etc on how to start a blog from there. I then discovered wordpress and so decided to create a blog on here and I transferred the couple of reviews I had posted onto this site. From there I started reviewing every couple of books I read and then I signed up to sites like Reading Alley and Netgalley to get ARCs that I could review to help authors out too. In the last 5 months I’ve started to enjoy blogging a lot however due to work commitments I’ve been unable to post a lot which has made me disappointed in myself but as soon as things calm down in both my jobs then I’ll be back posting regularly again.
Advice for new bloggers
There’s not much I can really say because I guess I’m still quite new to it all and getting used to it myself but post as much as you can. If like me you have other commitments even just one or two posts a week can help keep your following. Also, share your posts on any social media you have too! I’ve found that when I tweet my reviews to the author of the book I’ve reviewed, they often share it which helps increase your views etc. There’s also many tags and stuff that you can take part in to help you join in with the community and audience you’re trying to reach.
I’m going to tag my first 15 followers here as a thank you to them for wanting to read my posts and sticking with my blog over the last few months.
- Erika @ The Book’s The Thing
- Brittany @ Brittany Marie Reads
- Andrew @ Adopting James
- Skylee @ The Night Girl
- Shannon @ Books That Love You Back
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Nine Cents
- Amy @ Curiouser and Curiouser
- Romance For The Beach
- Alysha @ Alysha Kaye
- Bananagram’s Book Reviews
- Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse
- Kelly @ Here’s To Happy Endings
- Edel @ A Mad Wicked Dangerous Folly