For those of you who don’t know about this award, it’s a pretty famous award that’s given to bloggers from other bloggers. It’s a great way to recognise new blogs! There are some rules to go with this award and they are:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominated blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they have been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
I’ll try my best to find 10 newbie blogs and nominate them!
Here are the 10 questions Skylee provided!
1. Tell me about your favourite book genre? or sub genres? Why is it your favourite? Okay, so my favourite genre is probably YA Fantasy. This is because about 6/7 years ago I stopped reading out of nowhere and hated it when anyone spoke about books and then just after both my grandparents died I started to miss the comfort I got when I was reading so the first book I bought was City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I completely fell in love with this book and the series. Since then the majority of books I’ve bought and read are fantasy.
2. Do you have any other passions? If so, what are they? Music is a huge passion of mine. My whole life I’ve been surrounded by music as my dad is a drummer and was always in a band and my mum is a singer. Near enough all my aunts/uncles sing or play an instrument too so it was natural for me just to enjoy music. I play both guitar and bass guitar and also sing. I attended college to do my HNC in Music and passed but since I haven’t done much apart from attend open mic nights a few times and I occasionally play at charity gigs.
3. Favourite summer activity that isn’t reading? When I’m not reading I love spending time with my family. The past 11 years we haven’t been on holiday so for the two weeks my parents get off we go away for the day and do walks or just spend time with our neighbours and the rest of our family at BBQs. This year we are going on holiday though and I seriously cannot wait to get out of this country for a while!
4. How do you feel about gardening? I used to love gardening when I was younger! I would help my mum with our garden and used to love picking the plants we would plant in the border and if I was at my grandparent’s house then I would spend hours outside helping my Papa do his garden but now I’m not that interested in it.
5. Do you believe in Mermaids? I actually do. For some reason it makes me happy thinking that there are half humans living in the sea with the ability to breathe underwater like every time I try that I just choke and feel funny so part of me wants to be a mermaid. Plus they probably have friends like Sebastian and Flounder.
6. What historical period of time do you think you would’ve liked to live in? I love where I am now because I feel like the world is slightly more accepting towards people and there’s so much that’s changed from like 50 years ago but I would’ve liked to have been born 10 years earlier than I was so I could’ve seen the 80’s simply because of the music then. I absolutely adore music from the 80’s like The Smith’s, Van Halen, The Police etc.
7. Do you prefer stand alone books or trilogies or even series? To be honest I love them all. Each category has books that I love so yeah, I’d have to say all.
8. If you could choose a best friend from a book (e.g what main characters best friend would you want to be your best friend) who would it be and from what book? I would probably choose Cara from Death Wish as she is brave, funny and extremely caring and she’s very into fashion whereas I’m not so she would be such a great help for me! Main character wise, I would choose Cath from Fangirl as we are very similar and I loved her character so much!
9. If you could acquire any type of skill in the world, what would it be? I would like to be more adventurous, outgoing and more confident. I get extremely anxious and quiet in situations where I meet new people and even though I’ve been working for a few months at my new job I still get really anxious on my way to work.
10. Do you judge books by their cover? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. It really just depends!
Now that part is over here are my 10 questions!
- What is your favourite book ever and why?
- If you’ve read Harry Potter, do you prefer the books or the movies?
- What is your dream pet?
- One place that makes you happy?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Least favourite book and why?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Do you play any instruments? If so, what do you play?
- Do you believe what your horoscope says?
- What was the book that made you fall in love with reading?
Thinking of them wasn’t actually as hard as I thought! Hope you enjoy answering them and I’m looking forward to seeing your answers! Now it’s time for my nominees.